As pool service experts, we at Poolman felt it was important to do our part in educating the community about how the Coronavirus is going to affect your pools.
We've been very closely monitoring all information related to keeping pools sanitary, and we have a few updates to share with everyone:
- With proper maintenance and chlorination, your pool and/or hot tub should be safe. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs.”
- We’ve ramped up our already stringent cleaning and sanitation procedures. All our employees have been informed of the latest health and safety protocols to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
- We are working tirelessly to keep everyone updated with the most recent information and making changes accordingly As you know, things are changing by the hour and we are committed to doing everything we can to slow the spread!
Top 3 DONT'S When It Comes to Pool Service:
- Don't leave your pool drained for an extended period of time. This can lead to cracking and staining that will be more expensive to fix than keeping up with pool service.
- Don't turn off pool equipment just because you aren't using it. Pool water needs to stay circulating - just adding chemicals isn't enough to keep it in good condition.
- Don't neglect your pool filters just because the pool isn't in use. Filters maintenance, backwashing, and cleaning must be maintained because of the large amount of debris that comes from the environment.
If you are a Poolman customer, you can rest assured that your pool is in good hands! We’re ready to move forward as planned, ensuring your pools are ready when you want to use them. Nobody wants to put a cover on their pool season, which is why we’re dedicated to providing you with the quality and care that you expect us to deliver.
If you are not a Poolman customer, don't worry - we aren't asking anything of you for reading this. We are just trying to keep our communities safe and we hope you found this page resourceful!
For more information, check out our Coronavirus Updates page